Keeping our diet ‘clean’ is the biggest way to make the biggest difference in our energy levels and body fat. It can be overwhelming with all the information out there but keep things simple and try to make little consistent changes where you can. Focus on changing one “not so good” habit for a better, healthier one to feel energized and amazing.
Consuming real whole foods, rather than processed foods, creates a less acidic internal environment and less internal inflammation. Whole foods for energy and water for hydration help to bring better balance to our bodies and fuel our body with the nutrients it needs.
My top food tips are:
- Buy the best quality wholefood you can afford (local and organic where possible)
- Drink water all day long (filtered if you can)
- Eat slowly and mindfully, listening to your hunger and satiety cues
- Eat lots and lots of greens
- Balance the food groups making sure to include a complex carbohydrate, a quality protein and a good fat at each meal
- Control the portion sizes
- Avoid or limit alcohol
- Avoid or limit refined sugar
- Form a healthy relationship with food by appreciating the feelings of well being that come from eating nourishing food
Making changes is always hard, so remember to start small and go one step at a time.
- Pick one “not so good” habit that you can substitute with a healthier alternative.